Unlock your Creativity, boost your Memory and Change your Life!
Unleash your creative thinking skills and discover the countless benefits of Mind Mapping on the only training courses fully endorsed and designed by Tony Buzan, the inventor of Mind Maps. Learn from world experts in creativity and innovation backed by 40 years of experience, and become part of our mission for global mental literacy.
Speak to our training team today to find out more about our upcoming Mind Mapping learning experiences.
What is a Mind Map?
A Mind Map is a powerful graphic technique which provides a universal key to unlock the potential of the brain. It harnesses the full range of cortical skills – word, image, number, logic, rhythm, colour and spatial awareness – in a single, uniquely powerful manner. In so doing, it gives you the freedom to roam the infinite expanses of your brain. A Mind Map can be applied to every aspect of life where improved learning and clearer thinking will enhance human performance.
What do you need to make a Mind Map?
Because Mind Maps are so easy to do and so natural, the ingredients for your “Mind Map Recipe” are very few:
- Blank unlined paper
- Coloured pens and pencils
- Your Brain
- Your imagination!
Then, take your Mind Map to the next level with iMindMap. The only Mind Mapping software endorsed by Tony Buzan. Benefit from:
- An unlimited, digital thinking space
- Make edits and updates quickly and easily
- Safely take your Mind Maps with you, wherever you go
- Easily share your creations with others
“iMindMap 10 helps you manage your mind… It is magical” Tony Buzan, 2016
When you use Mind Maps on a daily basis, you will find that your life becomes more productive, fulfilled, and successful on every level. There are no limits to the number of thoughts, ideas and connections that your brain can make, which means that there are no limits to the different ways you can use Mind Maps to help you.
7 Steps to Making a Mind Map
- Start in the CENTRE of a blank page turned sideways. Why? Because starting in the centre gives your Brain freedom to spread out in all directions and to express itself more freely and naturally.
- Use an IMAGE or PICTURE for your central idea. Why? Because an image is worth a thousand words and helps you use your Imagination. A central image is more interesting, keeps you focussed, helps you concentrate, and gives your Brain more of a buzz!
- Use COLOURS throughout. Why? Because colours are as exciting to your Brain as are images. Colour adds extra vibrancy and life to your Mind Map, adds tremendous energy to your Creative Thinking, and is fun!
- CONNECT your MAIN BRANCHES to the central image and connect your second- and third-level branches to the first and second levels, etc. Why? Because your Brain works by association. It likes to link two (or three, or four) things together. If you connect the branches, you will understand and remember a lot more easily.
- Make your branches CURVED rather than straight-lined. Why? Because having nothing but straight lines is boring to your Brain.
- Use ONE KEY WORD PER LINE. Why Because single key words give your Mind Map more power and flexibility.
- Use IMAGES throughout. Why Because each image, like the central image, is also worth a thousand words. So if you have only 10 images in your Mind Map, it’s already the equal of 10,000 words of notes!
Originated in the late 1960s by Tony Buzan Mind Maps are now used by millions of people around the world – from the very young to the very old – whenever they wish to use their minds more effectively. Find out all about Mind Mapping by reading the Ultimate Book of Mind Maps or attend a training session on Mind Mapping with Tony Buzan.
For inspiration, visit the Mind Map gallery page which exhibits great examples of Mind Maps done well for a range of topics and uses.
Tony Buzan Special Edition iMindMap Ultimate Pack
Through insightful anecdotes, learn directly from Tony Buzan, the inventor of Mind Mapping. Discover the core thinking skills that Tony has dedicated his life to studying; creative thinking, memory and learning. Plus, put your new knowledge into practice with the most advanced iMindMap Ultimate software. Buy today and save £75 (GBP)
Modern Mind Mapping for Smarter Thinking
Take your Mind Maps to the next level!
This book brings Mind Mapping into the modern age with a bang. Four decades ago, Tony Buzan invented the game-changing thinking tool, the Mind Map. Now over 250 million people are utilising this infinitely flexible tool and its applications have multiplied to span all areas of education, business and home life.
Learn with the Experts
With over 40 Years Experience in Creativity and Innovation who better to train with. Use the link below to view our full training calendar, with cutting edge courses and more training destinations than ever before, join us this season for our most comprehensive training schedule yet.